Monday, March 5, 2018

Chalk paints!!

Hi everyone....

Good morning and welcome back to another post on my blog.

Today I am here to share my projects using Itsy Bitsy's Chalk paints. They are water based paints which can be used on a number of surfaces like wood, glass, metal, etc and even on furniture. It can be directly applied on a surface and does not require any primer. Chalk paints have a chalky matte finish and it is easy to achieve a weathered and aged look by either sanding or using dry brush method. They can even be thinned down by adding water and the drying time is very less too. They come in a variety of shades and I love the pastel ones more.

For my first project I have used chalk paints to decoupage an Mdf box from Craftslane.


I first applied Tattered lace chalk paint to the lid of the box and then adhered the 'Love is in the Air' tissue using decoupage technique. For the sides and base of the box I have used Sailing sky chalk paint and later on I have dry brushed Tattered lace chalk paint on it to give an aged look. Finally I have sealed the lid of the box with Mod Podge and applied varnish to the entire box.




The brush strokes give an aged look to the box.


For my next project I have directly applied Chalk paints to the Mdf organizers.


For these desk organizers, I have used Sailing sky chalk paint and Drift wood chalk paint directly on the organizers. These paints are fast drying and so it is very easy to work layers on them. For the second layer I have used dry brush technique. Tattered lace has been used on the Sailing sky chalk paint and for the Drift wood one I have used Burnt Umber acrylic paint to get that look. Finally I have applied varnish to both the organizers and sealed them.


Personally I liked the chalky finish of these paints even after applying varnish. Do let me know your opinion if you have tried these paints. 


Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I would love to hear from you and truly appreciate your feedback. Have a great day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment