Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Life is Beautiful - Mixed Media Wall Decor

Good afternoon everyone!!

Firstly....Thank you all for taking time to read the note I wrote about my dearest Mom in my previous post. It means a lot to me.

Today I want to share a Mixed Media Wall Decor that I created for the on going Itsy Bitsy blog challenge using their Little Birdie Decoupage paper.

Mixed media wall decor

Supplies used for the wall decor

I have created this wall decor on a Mdf triangular base. For the base coat I have applied Tattered Lace chalk paint and simultaneously fussy cut the design from the decoupage paper. After the base was dry I adhered the paper to the base with help of Mod Podge and also sealed the paper using the same. The paper is thin and very easy to decoupage. Next I created some texture using modelling paste and a stencil. Once that was dry I used acrylic paints.....White, Raw Sienna, and Burnt Sienna to get the desired effect. To add more interest I have stamped randomly using Archival ink and also splattered Burnt Umber acrylic paint. To highlight the textures I have used Fire Ruby Antique Brilliance wax from Prima. Next I varnished the whole surface to protect the wall decor. Finally I have added a burlap piece, ribbon, a metal butterfly, primed chipboard, wooden discs and flowers to complete the project and make it beautiful. 


Below are some more pictures:



I thoroughly enjoyed working on this project and hope you liked it too.

Thank you very much for visiting my blog I would love to hear from you and truly appreciate your feedback. Have a great day!!

Linking this post to Itsy Bitsy Blog Challenge #14-2018


2 comments:

  1. Hello my dear.....
    I totally love this. Thank you for playing along this month's challenge at ItsyBitsy
    Hugs
    DT Mukta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mukta....I enjoyed using Itsy Bitsy products for this project ��

      Delete